Forward-thinking Australian financial services professionals, executives and industry leaders prepare to embark on Silicon Valley delegation
Implemented Portfolios, a leading managed account specialist dedicated to helping financial advisers provide a consistent, scalable and individualised client experience, has today announced the participants and principal sponsors of its upcoming Thought Leaders Study Tour to the San Francisco Bay Area.
The invitation-only delegation is made up of a wide range of leaders in the Australian financial services sector, united in their passion for innovation, technology implementation and quality, consumer-centric service provision. Among the participants are fund managers and investment specialists, financial planning licensees and executives, software providers, business consultants, education advocates and client-facing advice practitioners.
Netwealth, a leading investment solutions, research and wealth management company, and Joseph Palmer & Sons, one of Australia’s most established investment management, stockbroking and financial advisory firms, have been announced as the principal sponsors of the tour, indicating their strong support for fintech innovation in the financial services industry.
“Ever-advancing technology has always helped us improve the research and advice components of our client service delivery, and it is in pursuit of what fintech now heralds that inspired us to be a sponsor of this initiative,” said Malcolm Palmer, managing partner at Joseph Palmer & Sons.
“The dramatic shift in consumer needs, ongoing market volatility and subsequent evolution of fintech continues to threaten existing business models but also create new opportunities.” said Matthew Heine, joint managing director of Netwealth.
“As a business we are focused on spotting trends that matter and helping advisers evolve their businesses. Partnering with IP and attending the Study tour 100% supports this and ensures we can stay ahead of global trends,” Heine said.
The tour will meet with leading American technologists, venture capital and private equity firms, researchers, startup entrepreneurs and executives in one of the world’s most innovative locations, with a particular focus on how fintech innovation is impacting wealth management.
Implemented Portfolios chief executive, corporate development, Santi Burridge, said the tour will build on the past success of the IP Adviser Study Tour program to the US east coast and will represent some of the best minds and most innovative organisations in the country.
“We have assembled a brains trust of professionals that are truly committed to independent and innovative financial services and represent the very best of the Australian industry,” Burridge
said. “We are delighted to have put together such a high calibre delegation and to have the support of Netwealth and Joseph Palmer & Sons in particular.”
The delegates selected to participate in the inaugural IP Thought Leaders Study Tour are:
- Malcolm Palmer, managing partner, Joseph Palmer & Sons
- Matt Heine, joint managing director, Netwealth
- Michael Heine, joint managing director, Netwealth
- John Hanrahan, chief information officer, Netwealth
- Julian Plummer, managing director, Midwinter Financial Services
- Naomi Christopher, senior manager, brand, Midwinter Financial Services
- Sue Viskovic, founder and managing director, Elixir Consulting
- Amreeta Abbott, CEO, NowInfinity
- Stewart Bell, business coach and founder, Audere Coaching & Consulting
- Alisdair Barr, founder, Grad Mentor
- Mark Nagle, executive director, Treysta Financial Life Management
- Brent Fairhead, managing director, Lawrence Group
- Katie Gill, general manager, partnerships, Implemented Portfolios
- Santi Burridge, chief executive, corporate development, Implemented Portfolios