The privacy of your personal information is important to us.
1. Your adviser will ask you many questions. Why is so much information required?
Under the Corporations Act your external financial adviser is required to collect sufficient information to identify your needs, objectives and financial circumstances so that they can provide appropriate financial advice.
Your financial adviser will provide your personal information to us to enable us to provide you with the products and services that are appropriate to your needs. We endeavour to retain accurate, complete and up to date personal information about you so your financial adviser will ask you to review and update the information from time to time.
If the information provided to us is incomplete or inaccurate this will impact on our understanding of your requirements and may result in advice that is not appropriate to your needs and circumstances. If this does occur you will need to make your own assessment concerning the appropriateness of your financial adviser’s advice.
You may (subject to permitted exceptions) access your information by contacting us. We may charge a fee for providing access.
3. We may provide personal information to :
- Your external financial adviser and external product providers;
- Organisations (who are bound by strict confidentiality) to whom we outsource certain functions such as our portfolio administrators, your custodian and our auditors. In these circumstances, information will only be used for our purposes; and
- Third parties when required to do so by law, e.g. legislation or Court Order.
How to Make a Complaint
If you are not satisfied with the services provided to you by Implemented Portfolios, you should take the following steps:
1. Contact your external financial adviser and tell them about your complaint.
2. If your external financial adviser has not satisfactorily resolved your complaint within 5 days, please contact our Responsible Manager on (02) 9241 5955 or put your complaint in writing and send it to:
The Responsible Manager
Implemented Portfolios Limited
Level 10, 60 Carrington Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Please mark the envelope “Notice of Complaint”. We will try and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
3. If the complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction within 45 days, you have the right to escalate the matter to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA can be contacted in a number of ways:
- Making a complaint online: www.afca.org.au/about-afca/contact-us/
- Telephone: 1800 931 678
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can write to AFCA at:
Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001